modusGate 6.5 has just been released, and there’s a load of new features and improvements in it that are built to better protect our most loyal customers and new partners against the latest threats and risks that email users seem to confront every day.
Some of the top-line improvements and new features packaged with the launch of modusGate 6.5 include:
- Display Name Phishing Protection that provides additional protections against spoofing and targeting of specified high-authority users within an organization’s domain
- A enhanced Malicious URL Scan feature that filters emails containing links to hosted malicious content
- DMARC Reporting that allows for enhanced analysis of data produced by DMARC policies, allowing for more precise determining of trends and risks associated with email flowing in and out of an organization
- Updates to Avira and Bitdefender AV engines, offering more of the premium protection modusGate customers know and love
- Population and Authentication for Office 365 Active Directory
- Security Updates to counter the “Mailsploit” exploit
- Improvements to SPF and DKIM Engines
- An updated User Interface with a brand-new Threat Dashboard, allowing for easier management of all modusGate features!
The above features and improve make modusGate 6.5 the best modusGate yet and will surely be welcomed by customers with open arms!
Display Name Phishing Protection offers you further security against the most sophisticated of social engineering attacks. When you specify a high-authority user within your organization (e.g. a CEO or CFO), you’ll be adding added protections around filtering emails using their name or sender address. With this feature, you’ll see less of those pesky fake invoices and get more.
modusGate’s enhanced Malicious URL Scan incorporates top-of-the-line threat intelligence from 3 billion devices used daily, identifying, reporting and updating against malicious content, hosted malware and social engineering attacks that are meant to compromise accounts and devices and victimize businesses while users are caught inattentive.
modusGate’s updated DMARC Reporting further bolsters the platforms ability to help you maintain the authority and reputation of your sending domain, allowing you to analyze and interpret the masses of sophisticated data produced by your DMARC record, further improving the usability of your organization’s email while also protecting everyone you send emails to.
The additional updates for modusGate’s dual-AV, Office 365 implementation, “Mailsploit” protections and SPF and DKIM Engines provide added security, efficiency and ease of deployment, while modusGate’s new user interface brings it all together, offering a convenient, easy and visually appealing means to manage and monitor your email security solution and performance, along with a Threat Dashboard that allows for easier monitoring and understanding of where and how email threats are emerging.
Existing customers can access the new user interface by entering their host name with a “/admin” extensions. The /webadmin interface is still available, but will not allow you to activate new features included with modusGate 6.5.
Read our press release on modusGate 6.5, or refer to our knowledge base for full release notes. Customers can access the latest version of modusGate at my.vircom.com. If you’re not already a customer, learn more about modusGate here or contact Vircom to get a demo or upgrade to modusGate 6.5, and protect yourself against the latest threats before they become a real risks.