About to leave for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays? Don’t forget about your holiday admin checklist!
- Make sure your daily backups are working, check your backup logs!
- Make sure you have a redundancy solution in place for your mail infrastructure, even if it’s a lowly mail spooler.
- Make sure you have your list of internal and external (vendor) contacts handy just-in-case.
- Don’t do any major upgrades or last minute changes. Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke.
- Don’t do any last minute installs or deployments. If the old way works, it can wait.
- If you are running devices that have subscription-based updates, make sure your service/updates contracts aren’t expiring.
- If you have several domains registered with a particular registrar, make sure they aren’t due for renewal.
Enjoy the holidays!
Trackback from your site.