Anti-spam and Anti-virus Filtering
modus™ Multi-Layer Spam ScanningEfficient, versatile and reliable, Vircom’s modus™ features a proprietary spam scan engine and multi-layered analytic technology to protect your email from all types of threats.
Multiple Anti Spam Engines
With Vircom’s proprietary Sequential Content Analyzer (SCA™), spam simply cannot get through. modusGate’s™ multiple predictive and deterministic filters include:
- Connection-level performs optional IP-based checks using a customizable list of RBL servers and other security features.
- Sender Reputation System (SRS) is a connection-based (IP) system which is highly reactive to spam waves and allows reputation classification based on IP addresses
- Forbidden attachments blocking allows the administrator to select specific attachment types to block automatically
- Virus and Malware protection analyzes messages using either McAfee, Norman or a combination of both virus engines. Virus definitions can be updated at custom time intervals, from minutes to hours
- Trusted and Blocked sender policies are a list of actions to execute based on specific sender domains or email addresses (whitelist and blacklist)
- Spam, phishing & foreign language filtering filters out spam, phishing and unauthorized languages
- Sieve™ policy management and custom filters allows complete customization of filtering and implementation of Policy Management procedures through an easy and fully integrated Sieve™ scripting language.
- Proprietary Sequential Content Analyzer (SCA™) is Vircom's advanced Artificial Intelligence engine and performs deep scanning and analysis of all email (including image spam, text and URLs) using definitions which can be updated on the fly at custom time intervals.
DeploymentmodusGate™ is typically deployed as a front-line email gateway. It stands in the DMZ between your corporate firewall and email server/trusted internal network. For standard installations, the database server, administration and web components can be installed on the same machine as modusGate™.
Typical modusGate™ deployment