Modus Server Migration
Vircom's team of professionals will assist you to move an existing modusMail™ or modusGate™ to a new server (hardware upgrade, migration to a VM). This service includes the upgrade of the server to the latest version of our software and applies to all types of setups including High-Availability configurations and Blockade configurations.
|Modus Server Migration Services|
|1,000$ for 4-8 hours, 200$ additional charge if after business hours|
Save Time, Avoid Headaches
Let our team of Server Migration Specialists do the hard work. Our staff has performed thousands of server migrations on Windows® 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008R2, VMware ESX, Exchange 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. Get in touch with our team to get a quote or to receive a custom project evaluation.
Who is this product for?
This service is geared towards the administrator who needs to minimize downtime during a major system rebuild or upgrade. Since it can be complex to properly move an existing modusMail™ or modusGate™ server from one machine to another, we can assist you in the process.
Where is the work done?
- Remotely, on your Window® Servers using a remote connection tool.
- We can work with any remote connection tool you can provide.
When is the work done?
- Whenever you want the work done: during regular business hours at usual billing rate or outside business hours for a premium (200$ extra charge).
- We need at least two-weeks notice for scheduling purposes.
- Save time.
- Get the new server running optimally right off the bat.
- Have it setup by an expert.
What is included with this service?
- We will download the latest package to your new server.
- We will download the previous package (the one you are currently running in production) to your new server.
- Installation of modusMail™ or modusGate™ on the new server on a temporary IP.
- We normally install the same version as the one on the production server and upgrade afterwards.
- We copy all the settings and databases from the old server to the new server.
- Apply all best practices to the new server, including a quick sanity check.
- Once tested, we upgrade the new server to the latest version of our software.
- We will put in place cleanup & automated backup scripts if needed.
- We assist you in going live with new setup (by swapping the IP of the new server with the old server).
What is not handled by this service?
- If you did any sort of customizations that need to be redone. We are not responsible for any modifications done to our interfaces.
- We do not configure your DNS Server, routers, firewalls or any other external software for you; we can only make recommendations.
- We do not configure your billing system or any other third party software or hardware for you [exception: MS-SQL and our databases].
- Customer must be available while we perform the services, and answer any questions we may have.
- Systems must conform to our system requirements.
- Systems must have an up-to-date and supported operating system (all Windows® Updates must be applied ahead of time)
- Systems must have latest .NET Framework installed (and associated updates).
- A place to store the backups that we will put in place.
More questions?Get in touch with our team to get answers.